Wednesday 21 May 2014

Video evaluation


To review the video I can say that I was surprised that it went so well together. We had to deal with a large variety of problems in pre-production, production and Post-production which made me begin to question if we would ever finish. So when I saw the video I was happy with the end result. The locations were well chose. Our actors were great. It is presented very well by Francesca. The interviews were well edited together apart from they cut out too quickly. There were other problems with the sound also. In one of the interviews there was an echo that was very distracting and with the Vox Pops we asked all the actors who were used for the reconstructions apart from the children. This isn’t exactly wrong, but it can make it look like the answered they gave were scripted. The video was entertaining in parts, mainly at the start, but for the whole is not what would usually be shown to our target audience. It is just filled with too many interviews and children/young teens do not usually like to watch that kind of stuff. We should have made more reconstructions and less interviews now that I look back on it.

 

If I could go back and do it again then I would definitely try to organise the script and shoot days better. I would make sure that I vocalised to the group that children wouldn’t want to watch 4 minutes of interviews because they would lose interest. I would make sure that the crew begins to make more of the scripted reconstructions which have the same information in the script as what is said in the interviews. Overall what this video needs is to be more entertaining to the target audience. The script needed a lot more work than what we had but overall if this was targeted to older audiences then it would be near perfection for their type of video.

No comments:

Post a Comment